We offer a Post-doc position in a project funded by the Polish National Science Centre: “Distributive Deductive Systems for Classical and Non-classical Logics. Proof theory supported with computational methods”.
The qualifications required:
– PhD degree in cognitive science, mathematics or computer science obtained no longer than 7 years prior to the employment day (however, the period can be longer if you are a mother);
– advanced programming skills in any general-purpose programming language;
– intermediate programming skills in any functional programming language;
– intermediate programming skills in numerical computing and data analysis;
– intermediate knowledge of proof theory and some non-classical (e.g. modal) logics – this should be sufficient to co-operate with the leader of the project in proof-theoretical research, favourably on the method of synthetic tableaux.
Tasks in the project:
– participation in the implementation of the module-layers of DDSs in a functional programming language;
– coordination of the implementation of the meta-layers of DDSs in a general-purpose programming language;
– participation in the data analysis obtained via additional tools in a scientific scripting programming language;
– cooperation in the research on the synthetic tableaux method.
Other info: We offer a Post-Doc position (full-time employment) with gross salary in the amount of 6500 PLN (which is over 4600 net pay). The position is initially for a period of 6 months, with a possibility of extension to 3 years (in total). Expected day of employment is: 1.10.2018 (to be agreed).
To apply, please send your:
– Curriculum vitae (please include in your CV the following annotation: “I hereby agree for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29.08.1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”),
– list of publications, participation in conferences, previous research experience,
– short motivation letter explaining why You wish to join our team
to Dorota Leszczyńska-Jasion, e-mail: Dorota.Leszczynska@amu.edu.pl until 30.09.2018 23:59:59